Friday, September 7, 2012

Episode 7 - Ashley - My Family

Zale offered his hand. I took it and he stretched his hand to the right while putting his other hand gently on my waist. I then put my hand on his shoulder. And we started dancing. He was looking so dashing in his black tuxedo and his red tie. Looking at my own clothes, I was wearing a bright red dress with a black expensive-looking high heels.

Zale was efficient in dancing. He didn't have any doubts with his footing. My dad often sent me to dancing classes before so I know the bits and parcels of dancing. His eyes were looking at mine which made me blush a bit. Then, the music's tempo changed and Zale stopped rhythmically and started to pull me to his side.

Then he twirled me with his hand. I felt like a princess. And after the twirling stopped, Zale lifted my left foot with his foot and bent my body backwards, with his hand supporting my back. Then, he leaned forward and kissed me in my lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up instantly trying to catch my breath. My lips felt wet. The kiss felt like it wasn't a dream. Everything felt real. My history textbook was under my head. I accidentally slept while studying late last night. And Zoey's words were still ringing in my head "But you've fallen for him". Maybe she's true. Maybe I HAVE fallen for Zale.

"SIS SIS SIS SIS SIS SIS" My siblings annoyingly shouted at the door.

I opened the door only to find my little five year old sister Reyna Mason, my annoying four year old little brother Fred Mason and Zia Mason, my 13 year old younger sister standing outside.

"What?" I asked sharply

"Mom said we're gonna go to the beach!" Fred said enthusiastically

"Yeah! So come down and have breakfast so that we can go there early!" Reyna shouted

And then, both of them rushed down the stairs while screaming and shouting.

I sighed. "Is it true? Are we going to the beach?" I asked Zia.

Zia nodded weakly. "Mom said only if it's not raining. Those blasted kids literally pulled me out of bed.." she complained

I sighed again. "Alright then, let's go eat."

My sister Zia is . . mysterious. We are pretty intimate as sisters. We used to be always fighting in the past. But one night, she came to my room crying because she just broke up with her ex-boyfriend. Always consoling my friends, that was nothing new to me. I calmed her down and since then, we bonded almost every time we see each other.

"Hey Ashley, come and have breakfast. I made pancakes." Mom said with a warm smile.

My mother, Laura Mason is a housewife. She's a really beautiful woman with a long straight hair and has a really beautiful smile. She was from a really poor family until she met my dad. They started dating and finally decided to marry. I was born not long after that. Followed by Zia, Reyna and finally Fred.

"Morning mom. Morning dad." I said

"Morning." Dad replied coldly and continued reading the newspaper. I giggled at his funny expression. Then, he looked at me funny.

"What?" my dad asked.

"Nothing." I said, still smiling.

My dad, Reed Mason is a great guy. When he married my mother, not only did he ease my mother's family's life, he eased the life of all the families in the village. Although from a rich family, my dad once told me a story of him being rebellious against his dad. His dad wanted him to become a businessman and take over the family business but my dad had other things in mind. So he did the most rational thing. He ran away.

Away from his father, my dad took a course in his passion; architecture. After a major in architecture, he worked for years before accidentally meeting his father at Paris. My dad said they shook hands and his father acknowledged his passion. In the end, he inherited the family fortune.

Slowly chowing down on the delicious pancake, Fred started the conversation.

"So mom! When are we going to the beach?!" he said finishing his last piece of pancake.

"Patience Fred. Go to your room and change first." mom said smiling.

Fred and Reyna were just about to make a run for it before dad cut in.

"Fred and Reyna, what do we have to do first?" dad said as if teaching the two children.

"Wash our dishes.." Both of them said heads low.

Zia smiled while sipping her hot milo. The gap of age between Zia and I with Fred and Reyna is always felt. Once, I asked mom why did they stop for a while after Zia. She said they were busy with work but managed to spare some time for each other in the end. Then she added 'four was enough'. I was taken aback for a few seconds.

I stood with a mug of hot milo in my hands after finishing the pancakes. I walked towards the door and opened it. Suddenly, Zale jogged in front of my point of view outside the house gate. I panicked and closed the door immediately.

"What happened?" Zia asked from the dining table.

"Ashley, you look like you've seen a ghost." Mom added.

My heart was beating fast. I took a deep breath and calmed down.

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment