Saturday, September 1, 2012

Episode 3 - Ashley - Lame School



It was a long, silent walk to school. In the train, we didn't bother to say anything to each other. As we were walking through the school gate, students around us started to stare. I don't mean to brag but at school, people know me since I was the president of the Student's Council.

"So, here's where we'll part ways. I'm going to the faculty office." Zale said

"Oh . . Do you want me to go with you?" I asked in a weak tone.

Zale put his arms on my shoulders. "Don't think about it too much, alright? You're better off without him. And it's okay, I got it covered." he said.

"Yeah okay, I won't." I said and gave him a promising smile.

Zale smiled back "You want me to walk you home when you're finished with class?" he offered

"Oh no! It's alright!"

"Oh okay. I'll see you later then?" Zale said and smiled again

"Later" I nodded. Then he left and went to the faculty office. It was like we're couples - coming to school together, sweet goodbyes and stuff - but hey, I'm not complaining. I made my way into the school hall and upstairs to my class. There, the first person to jump on me was my best friend, Zoey.

"Heeeey" she said in a playfully annoying manner. "Who was thaaaat?"

"Who was what?" I said innocently and smiled.

"Just now, you walked through the gate with some random guy and you were like, smiling happily with him! Now don't tell me that's nothing girl!"

"Haha oh my God stop getting so worked up! He's just a friend of mine." I said truthfully

"Just a friend?" Zoey emphasized on the word 'just'.

"Yeah, just a friend." I said and smiled.

The bell rang and everyone took their seats. Mr Osborne - my teacher - slid the classroom door and entered the room. Everyone stood and said good morning. Mr Osborne started to write mathematical equations on the board and called out names to come and solve the equations.Some time in the middle of class, a genius asked Mr Osborne about a transfer student from New Jersey. That obviously caught my attention since it was about Zale. And I was also just being curious.

 Mr. Osborne said the transfer student's name was Zale and he lived in Parkington Park (which was my neighborhood as well). Zale will be entering the school next Monday after the three days holiday. Mr. Osborne even said that Zale will be a good addition to our class. Our class? Oh no. I looked at Zoey. She was looking at me with her left eyebrow raised, smiling. Just about then, 10 hands were raised and all asked questions about Zale.

School ended five hours later. Zoey and I walked out of the school talking about boys. About Zale, mostly. She asked me lots of questions about him and since I just met Zale last night, I obviously couldn't answer that much. We were walking through the school gate when Zoey noticed a guy leaning on a wall. She tugged my hand and pointed at him.

"Isn't he hot?" Zoey stated.

The guy noticed Zoey and started to walk towards us. Zoey hid behind me as the guy got closer. After a few steps, he was already in front of me.

"Hey Zale." I said.

Zoey's eyes widened as I said his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment