Saturday, September 1, 2012

Episode 2 Chapter 2 - Ashley - My Cofession



Well, the kid went home but we still haven't finished our ice creams. So we sat on the bench, side by side, finishing each others cone. The locket was in Zale's hand, tightly gripped. I was halfway through my ice cream when Zale asked me a sensitive question.

"He was you boyfriend?" he asked.

"The kid?" I acted innocent.

"The guy from last night." Zale said and looked at me.

"Oh.." I let out a long, exasperated sigh. "Ex-boyfriend, really. Now he's going to tell everyone bullshit about me."

Zale stopped licking his ice cream. "What makes you say that?"

I stopped too and lifted my head. The sky was blue and the clouds were covering the sun. It was a nice weather to go out for a walk. Then I turned to face Zale who was already facing the ground.

"He did that to all the other girls he dated before." I said.

"Then what made you accept him in the first place?" he asked again.

"Because he . . ." I stopped. Why did I accept him in the first place? Even I couldn't answer that. I knew how foolish I was back then accepting his request but I didn't care. Now I am all heartbroken and he will just fish for another girl.

"I'm sorry." Zale said again.

I finished my ice cream and sunk my head into my palms. "What now Zale? How do I show my face at school?" Tears started to collect in my eyes.

Zale tapped my shoulder. I raised my head with my eyes closed and inhaled. Then, I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"You're a strong girl. You can do it." Zale stated confidently and smiled.

"But . . . What if I let it all affect me?" I asked desperately.

"Then I'll be there for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment